7+ years experience. Reports to Creative Director.
Moncur is seeking an experienced Art Director to help guide and perform creative concepting, development, design and production for our nationally recognized client base. The Art Director will work in collaboration with, and help direct a team of creatives (including other print and web designers and copywriters), and under the guidance of a creative director to define and implement our clients’ brands in a variety of print and web-based media.
As Art Director, you’ll lead the charge in brand and communication development for highly visible companies across a wide variety of industries – concept to completion. This is not just a manager role, it is also a producer role, so high-end design, photo-direction, concepting, presentation and communication skills are a must! From logos and identities, to print ads and collateral pieces, to websites and social/digital brand development, you’ll do it all.
Related search terms: senior art director, senior digital designer, senior designer, graphic designer, print designer, brand design, identity design, logo design, digital design
- A strong portfolio exhibiting your exceptional design aesthetic, mastery of typography, and overall creativity (print AND digital/web work is a definite plus)
- 7+ years experience in the branding, digital and/or advertising sector, (agency experience is a plus)
- BFA degree in graphic design
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Detailed understanding of digital, print and production processes, and the ability to collaborate with vendors in the final execution of the work where required
- Ability to present your ideas articulately and confidently, both internally and to clients.
- Ability to take both initiative and direction as necessary
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A continually professional and positive manner
- The ability and inclination to learn more. About everything. Always.
- Combine creativity, research and inspiration with analytical problem solving skills to guide the development of unique and compelling brand communications in every medium
- Guide, as well as personally execute high-end original designs that support the brand and achieve the required communication goal
- Guide junior members of our creative team to implement the your brand concepts consistently and evolve it throughout a variety of applications
- Conceptualize, direct and support the development or acquisition of photography and/or illustration
- Effectively balance multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure that all finished work is executed flawlessly, meeting all creative, communication and production requirements across the board
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current design trends and best practices, as well as a commitment to your own personal growth and development
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio. Submissions without all three of these things will not be considered. No phone calls or agencies please. Thank you!