Social Media Manager
Mid-level. 5 years experience. Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
The Social Media Manager is the agency’s primary advisor on all social media channels, including social networks, content sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs and wikis. This person must demonstrate extensive social media experience. The social media manager actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, commenting, etc., and is well-connected with the broader social media world. The social media manager must be able to think strategically, but be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement social media programs for agency clients.
The social media manager must be a storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way and help them to be part of something big… and who also can change hats to be the agency’s social media data, numbers and analytics expert.
This person recommends social media channels appropriate for client marketing, and guides clients in adopting social media strategies. The social media manager coaches clients, and agency staff, in how to participate in the social media conversation to help grow customer-brand relationships.
The social media manager advises on, manages and monitors the agency’s social media initiatives and participation, and works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as an agency self-promotion and engagement tool.
The social media manager should have experience, or be willing to acquire such experience, in as many of the following areas as possible: social media tools and techniques; traditional, new media, guerilla and “word of mouth” marketing; strategic planning; product marketing; press and analyst relations; business development; technology; operations; sales; financial and quantitative analysis, and project management.
Related search terms: Community Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist, Social Media Specialist
- Create comprehensive social media strategies, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all client brands.
- Implement and manage social media programs.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”).
- Monitor social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately apply knowledge to increasing client use of social media.
- Strategize with and educates the client service team as well as clients on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all company products and services.
- Measure the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts.
- Plan and manage paid promotions, Blog publishing, email blasts and content marketing.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field.
- Ability to think and write strategically.
- Ability to understand and relay an appropriate and professional tone on behalf of a client brand.
- A continually professional and positive manner, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in blog, email, social channel management, analytics and reporting platforms.
- Inclination to learn more. About everything. Always.