Senior Digital Designer
Senior-level. 7+ years experience. Reports to Group Creative Director.
Moncur is seeking an experienced yet growth-oriented Senior Digital Designer to play a hands-on role in the design of our clients' online web presence and branding. The Senior Digital Designer will work alongside programmers, developers, print designers, and a creative director to concept, create and implement a variety of different visuals for multiple web-based media. From desktop websites, to responsive mobile sites, and social media platforms and applications, you’ll get to influence it all.
We’re looking for someone who is not only dedicated to extraordinary communication, usability, and design, but also to personal growth and development. Branding, print design and advanced programming skills are a plus, but not required. This is a position for someone who thrives on the creation of beautiful and intuitive online experiences, and who excels at communicating complex brand messages through the context of a website.
Related search terms: visual designer, web design, web designer, digital art director, UX/UI designer, UX design, UI design, digital design, interactive design, interactive designer, web development
- Design and execute hi-end concepts for corporate and commerce clients, utilizing the online environment to create, evolve and support their overall brand.
- Design and execute intuitive interfaces that perfectly balance the needs of the client with the needs of the user from beginning to end.
- Participate in the conceptualization and development of hero imagery, visual themes and overall communication strategies, based on industry research, client and creative director input, and your own inspiration.
- Concept and execute sitemaps and wireframes that clearly define the architecture and functionality of the site.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure that the concepts and communications you create are both effective and functional.
- Guide, support and mentor junior level creatives.
- Lead the charge in ensuring that all finished work is executed flawlessly, meeting all creative and technical requirements across the board.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current design trends, developments and best practices, and a commitment to your own personal growth and development.
In addition to a strong portfolio exhibiting exceptional design aesthetic, mastery of typography, expertise in a variety of digital mediums, and overall creativity, candidates should have:
- 7+ years experience with significant focus on digital/web (agency and B2B/B2B2C experience is a plus.)
- BFA degree or equivalent in design or other related field.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (XD) and/or other similar tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Expert-level understanding of web design and online design systems, with the ability to work hand in hand with programmers/developers to create effective and beautiful websites.
- Foundational understanding of brand strategy, print design, print production, and other creative disciplines.
- Familiarity with and interest in digital media, including the ability to develop compelling visuals and content concepts that support social, email, and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Ability to present ideas articulately and confidently, both internally and to clients.
- Ability to take both initiative and direction as necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- A continually professional and positive manner.
- The ability and inclination to learn more. About everything. Always.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and examples of your work. Submissions without all three of these things will not be considered. No phone calls or agencies please. Thank you!