At Moncur, we specialize in tackling some of the most complex branding challenges for the most complex businesses. It’s our goal to help our clients sell more of what they do and to do that requires effective, beautiful communication.
As a senior copywriter you’ll be responsible for leading the creation of a wide variety of content that fuels our clients’ success. You’ll be a key player in defining many of the foundational elements of our clients’ brands, involved in everything from conducting initial interviews and research, to developing concepts and writing content, to leading client presentations.
To be considered for this role, you must first be an extraordinary writer, with complete command of the English language, as well as the ability to know when to bend the rules. You must also be able to understand and communicate about complex subjects in a way that makes them both clear and compelling to the right audiences. At all times, you’ll maintain an unfailing attention to detail, and a creative, collaborative spirit that adds value to our work and to the experience of working with our team.
Related search terms: writer, marketing copywriter, content creator, content strategist, content marketing, associate creative director (copy), creative strategist
- Identify client needs based on strategic objectives, and take the lead in gathering all the information and input required to meet their goals
- Lead the conceptualization and creation of content, from start to finish
- Develop highly strategic/technical long-form content (whitepapers, strategic messaging decks), as well as punchy/creative short-form content (social media, ad headlines)—and everything in between
- Collaborate closely with everyone on our team, including account executives, project managers, designers, developers, and other writers
- Participate in and/or lead client presentations
- Ensure that all finished work is executed flawlessly, meeting all requirements across the board
- Direct and mentor junior copywriters. Provide feedback, ensure their work is everything it needs to be, and support their professional growth
- Effectively balance multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends and best practices, as well as a commitment to your own personal growth and development
- 7+ years of experience in a related role (agency experience is preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language and fluency in AP style
- Knowledge of best practices for writing across a variety of print and digital mediums
- Excellent interviewing and research skills
- Ability to take complex information and transform it into logical, compelling communications
- Ability to think creatively, and from the perspective of the target audience
- Ability to lead presentations articulately and confidently
- Ability to accurately read a room, see the nuances beneath what’s being said, and identify what’s most important
- Ability to take constructive critique when given and quickly adapt your approach
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A continually professional and positive manner, with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability and inclination to learn more. About everything. Always.