Senior Copywriter / Content Strategist
Senior. 5-7 years experience. Reports to Creative Director.
Moncur is seeking a full-time Senior Copywriter / Content Strategist to create original strategic content and concepts for our nationally recognized client base. The Senior Copywriter / Content Strategist will work in collaboration with a team of creatives (including other copywriters, designers/art directors, web designers/developers, and digital/social marketing pros) to define and promote our clients’ brands across a variety of print and digital media.
As Senior Copywriter / Content Strategist, you’ll be responsible for all the various stages of client-ready copy creation – from initial interviews and concept development, to research and writing, to client presentations and final approvals – all with minimal input from the creative director. You will, first and foremost, need to be an extraordinary strategic writer, with complete and total command of the English language, as well as the ability to know when it’s time to bend the rules. You’ll work in a wide variety of mediums, and be able to research, understand, and communicate about complex subjects in a way that makes them both clear and compelling to the right people. The communications you create will need to be both logical and fluid, drawing readers in, and leading them to the desired conclusion. Whether you’re writing content for a website, concepting with a designer, or jotting down a few witty headlines, you’ll know that it’s our client’s goal that matters most, and your work will help bring it to life. At all times, you’ll maintain an unfailing attention to detail, and a creative, collaborative spirit that adds value to our work and to the experience of working with our team.
Related search terms: copywriter, writer, technical writer, communication design, content development, content marketing
- Identify and define client needs based on strategic objectives, and take the lead in gathering all the information and input required to meet their goals
- Play a leading role in the conceptualization of fresh, relevant, and compelling brand communications, through collaboration with the design and/or digital team
- Develop high-level messages and headlines for use in a variety of media (such as website banners, print ads, social media, email campaigns, etc…)
- Develop strategic, accurate, and meaningful long-form content (such as messaging, service sheets, website content, blog posts, or brochure copy), based on information you’ve gathered through research and interviews
- Participate in and/or lead client presentations
- Identify and educate yourself on important industry themes and topics for our various clients
- Ensure that all finished work is executed flawlessly, meeting all creative, communication, and content requirements across the board
- Direct and mentor junior copywriters. Provide feedback, ensure their work is everything it needs to be, and support their professional growth
- Effectively balance multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends and best practices, as well as a commitment to your own personal growth and development
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language, including fluency in AP style and familiarity with other style guides
- Knowledge of best practices and communication requirements for writing in a variety of print and electronic media
- Excellent research/interview skills
- Ability to think both analytically AND creatively, and from the perspective of the target audience
- 5-7 years relevant experience in a marketing role or with a creative agency, and a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Ability to present your ideas articulately and confidently
- Ability to lead and/or execute a writing project from concept to completion
- Ability to take constructive critique when given, to understand, and quickly adapt your approach
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A continually professional and positive manner, with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability and inclination to learn more. About everything. Always.