This hands-on Creative Director (CD) is responsible for the direction and creation of projects. This position requires high-level understanding of all forms of branding, marketing, creative ideation, problem-solving, presentation and implementation skills.
- Partner with other agency departments to define project scope, timing, etc.
- In collaboration with copywriters, develop client strategy and messaging directions
- Lead projects from concept through completion; collaborating with creative team members, creating/designing and interfacing with the client
- Work with other creative leads to ensure strategy and creative direction align/achieve our clients’ goals
- Strong experience in brand development; expert knowledge of creating all forms of creative content—from brand identities and websites to videos and social posts
- Manage multiple projects and priorities and proactively communicate relevant project information/status to ECD and appropriate staff
- Interface with clients on an ongoing basis; build, maintain and foster those relationships
- Develop and deliver engaging presentations
- Participate in new business efforts as requested
- Maintain objective professional partnerships with all agency contacts and foster positive relationships and collaboration between disciplines through day-to-day interaction
- 8+ years of experience working for branding and/or integrated marketing agencies
- Formal design or creative arts education (BFA) required
- B2B experience required
- A portfolio demonstrating results-producing work, reflecting modern design and memorable experiences that are noteworthy by clients, industry and media
- Current on industry trends, best practices and technologies
- Deep understanding and experience with website design and development
- Mobile first mindset and firm understanding of UX/UI principles
- Familiarity with major CRM and CMS platforms
- Strong understanding of the role social media plays in marketing communications
- Excellent (energetic, storytelling, strategic) presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills to support healthy collaboration among all departments
- Significant exposure to different industries and categories of brands
- Expert level with Adobe design tools
- Working knowledge with interactive design tools (e.g., XD, Figma, Sketch), presentation software (Keynote, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Office Suite
Virtual Office Requirements
- Must have experience working in virtual/remote office environment. Our agency is operating in a hybrid model, allowing the team to work at headquarters in Southfield, MI or from home.
- Must have experience directing a hybrid creative team
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary to support agency and client work (e.g., headquarters, client locations in MI, Midwest and beyond).
- Must be willing to work for extended periods of time (multiple days) at headquarters to support in-person collaboration, team productivity, and high quality work.
- Must be able to work EST hours. Our office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm EST; work is done during these hours unless client needs/deadlines require otherwise.
- Stable home wi-fi/connectivity setup that supports virtual work/meetings.
Apply for this job
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and examples of your work. Submissions without all three of these things will not be considered. No phone calls or agencies please. Thank you!