This hands-on Creative Director (CD) is responsible for the direction and creation of projects. This position requires high-level understanding of all forms of branding, marketing, creative ideation, problem-solving, presentation and implementation skills.
- Partner with other agency departments to define project scope, timing, etc.
- In collaboration with copywriters, develop client strategy and messaging directions
- Lead projects from concept through completion; collaborating with creative team members, creating/designing and interfacing with the client
- Work with other creative leads to ensure strategy and creative direction align/achieve our clients’ goals
- Strong experience in brand development; expert knowledge of creating all forms of creative content—from brand identities and websites to videos and social posts
- Manage multiple projects and priorities and proactively communicate relevant project information/status to ECD and appropriate staff
- Interface with clients on an ongoing basis; build, maintain and foster those relationships
- Develop and deliver engaging presentations
- Participate in new business efforts as requested
- Maintain objective professional partnerships with all agency contacts and foster positive relationships and collaboration between disciplines through day-to-day interaction
- 8+ years of experience working for branding and/or integrated marketing agencies
- Formal design or creative arts education (BFA) required
- B2B experience required
- A portfolio demonstrating results-producing work, reflecting modern design and memorable experiences that are noteworthy by clients, industry and media
- Current on industry trends, best practices and technologies
- Deep understanding and experience with website design and development
- Mobile first mindset and firm understanding of UX/UI principles
- Familiarity with major CRM and CMS platforms
- Strong understanding of the role social media plays in marketing communications
- Excellent (energetic, storytelling, strategic) presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills to support healthy collaboration among all departments
- Significant exposure to different industries and categories of brands
- Expert level with Adobe design tools
- Working knowledge with interactive design tools (e.g., XD, Figma, Sketch)
- Presentation software (Keynote, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Office Suite
Virtual Office Requirements
- Must have experience working in virtual/remote office environment. Our agency is operating in a hybrid model, allowing the team to work at headquarters in Southfield, MI or from home.
- Must be able to travel (e.g., headquarters, client locations in MI, Midwest and beyond).
- Must be willing to work for extended periods of time (multiple days) at headquarters to support in-person collaboration and team productivity.
- Must be able to work EST hours. Our office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm EST; work is done during these hours unless client needs/deadlines require otherwise.
- Stable home wi-fi/connectivity setup that supports virtual work/meetings.